[DeTomaso] Scary!! Dipping a Pantera to Strip It

John Taphorn johnftaphorn at gmail.com
Tue May 28 09:42:04 EDT 2024

I had a Pantera dipped and had no issues. Perhaps drainage was not an issue
as the Pantera was mounted to a rotisserie afterward. That said, with the
knowledge that I now have about the structure, there are access and drain
holes I would drill in the "b" pillar, roof, and known usual drain
locations. When I refer to "b" I am referring specifically to the section
behind the door latch receiver and forward of the rear firewall. This is
not the space that you see when you remove the receiver. There is an
enclosed space between that layer and the engine bay. I would drill the
access on the engine bay side right above the inner rocker.
JT

On Mon, May 27, 2024 at 10:19 PM Mike Drew via DeTomaso <