[DeTomaso] Scary!! Dipping a Pantera to Strip It

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Mon May 27 23:18:40 EDT 2024

Ken,

Maybe things have changed, but when people dipped cars in the 1980s and 1990s, initially they were all smiles afterwards, but then after a few years paint jobs started failing. The premise/promise is that after the car is dipped in acid that dissolves the rust, it’s dipped in water (or some other neutral liquid) to neutralize the acid. But it seems that some acid manages to lurk in hidden corners and only manifests a few years later, when it results in bubbling and peeling of the paint.

I think soda blasting is now the method of choice for comprehensive paint removal….

Mike

Sent from my iPad