[DeTomaso] 12v source

Richard Greenblum Richard at richardgreenblum.com
Wed May 1 09:03:19 EDT 2024

My research led me to a different conclusion, including that you should not
use a fuse.  I found that the only good source is to pull power off of the
block after the ignition switch under the dash.  It's as "clean" a source as
there is as well as hot when the switch is in both the start and run
positions.  I responded to Michael offering to look this weekend for the
color of the wire on the switch side of the block he needs to pull from, but
I'm pretty sure it was the large gauge red wire, and that he might also be
able to determine which one from one of Bill's diagrams (that's what we
used).

My block was somewhat corroded and melted in places so I got a replacement
from Dennis at PPC to clean it all up.

Richard
Austin, TX