[DeTomaso] Cleveland Dip Sticks

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 23 00:57:19 EDT 2024

 Thank you Mike Drew for reminding me that the Cleveland sits level in a Pantera and not in the others. So I west in left field.

Thanks again Mike,
Bud

     On Saturday, June 22, 2024 at 07:46:35 PM CDT, B Hower <b.hower3400 at yahoo.com> wrote:

 FWIW:

I did some testing today with an actual oil level in a Cleveland:

1) I used a stock Pantera tube and 38" dipstick and got a reading.2) I took a Torino OEM tube and stick, shimmed up the Torino tube until I got the same reading on the Torino stick.3) I found the difference in them to be ~ .725".4) I plan to do a test in a 351C with a Ford OEM oil pan, to see how much oil it will take to reach the full mark using the Pantea set up after using a stock Ford tube and stick to fill to it's full mark.
Do any of you know what I will find out?
Still learning,Bud   .. Drive it like there is no tomorrow, for there may not be.