[DeTomaso] Rear Suspension Lower Support Shaft Torque - 95 ft. lbs. !?

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 19:19:15 EDT 2024

Assembling my rear suspension and when I checked the assembly instructions
in the technical manuals for the lower support shaft it indicated 95 ft.
lbs. for the bolts at either end of the shaft.

I have one of Byars greaseable support shaft assemblies, very similar to
what Larry Stock sells, and I don't recall if the torque specs  for that are
any different.  95 ft. lbs. seems like a lot of twist.

Larry, et al, what say you?

Thanks

Mike Thomas