[DeTomaso] Does anybody use car bubbles for long term storage?

jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com
Fri Jun 21 13:56:40 EDT 2024

My drive time per year is limited by my locale. The Pantera is noted for rusting and this environment is humid in the non-driving period. The condensation from the steady freeze/thaw in winter causes moisture build up.
I do not have a heated garage (though it never gets to freezing in there it does get close).

The dirt that can accumulate from just the exposure to the other vehicle being driven in and out of the same garage is substantial and somewhat caustic.

I have had another manufacturer's device (Car Capsule) and it has been just great. The car goes into the bubble (max 1/2-hour 2 people) in early October and comes out (again 2 people 1/2-hour) in mid to late May ready to be driven. By ready to drive I mean it. No condensation ever. In my early years of owning this vehicle I had it stored for the winter in an unheated garage. Condensation cause rusting from the inside out in the low spots (like rocker panels). I had that all corrected via restoration and the Car Capsule will assist greatly in the reduction of that condensation.

One year I was contacted about showing up at a car show 1 week before I would get the car out of the bubble. I extracted the car the day before the event (the weather was not conducive to removal up to then). I took first place in the event - and I did not have to do ANYTHING to the car to prep - it was pristine.

I have found this to be a valuable investment for me.

Jim Kosloskey 1974 L #6949 - original owner.