[DeTomaso] Fwd: Hammer Price Portfolio Report - Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Daryl Adams daryl.architect at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 17:21:59 EDT 2024

Ouch!!!  This only serves to reinforce the age old saying, "You know a
design is nearing perfection when any modification you make only detracts."

On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 12:50 PM Mike Drew via DeTomaso <

> [...]
>    [2]cars.bonhams.com
>
>    image.png
>    [3]1967 De Tomaso Vallelunga Chassis no. 807DT0106
>    [4]cars.bonhams.com
>
>    Both of these cars had the wheel wells extensively modified and flared
>    to accommodate larger wheels with more radical offsets. I have no idea
>    how much money was spent to ruin these cars, but it will cost a fortune
>    to restore them.
>
>    The owner didn't save all his attention for DeTomaso cars, as he also
>    comprehensively ruined an Iso Grifo!
>
>    image.png
>    [5]1967 Iso Grifo GL Series I Custom Chassis no. GI720140
>    [6]cars.bonhams.com
>
>    When Panteras were cheap, and plentiful, many of them were subjected to
>    similar treatment, but thankfully that trend seems to have all but died
>    off as the value of unmolested cars continues to rise.
>
>    It will be interesting to learn if the new buyers of these cars
>    appreciates them as they are, or is only viewing them as platforms for
>    restorations back to original specification?
>
>    Mike
>
>    Sent from my iPad
>
>    Begin forwarded message:
>
>    From: info at hammerpricelive.com
>    Date: June 19, 2024 at 09:56:26 PDT
>    To: MIKELDREW at aol.com
>    Subject: Hammer Price Portfolio Report - Wednesday, June 19, 2024
>
>    Hammer Price : Auction Results In Real Time
>    Portfolio Report Wednesday, June 19, 2024
>    Mangusta
>    1.
>    1970 De Tomaso Sold $201,923 USD
>    Mangusta EST. PRICE $193.33K-$268.51K USD
>    EXTERIOR Rosso Corsa
>    Bonhams|Cars
>    INTERIOR Nero
>    Lot 25    The No Reserve Sale
>    CHASSIS N-o 8MA1128
>    June 18, 2024    8:23AM (EST)
>    Vallelunga
>    1.
>    1967 De Tomaso Sold $161,645 USD
>    Vallelunga EST. PRICE $268.51K-$375.92K USD
>    EXTERIOR Red
>    Bonhams|Cars
>    INTERIOR Tan
>    Lot 16    The No Reserve Sale
>    CHASSIS N-o 807DT0106
>    June 18, 2024    8:28AM (EST)
>    De Tomaso
>    1.
>    1970 De Tomaso Sold $201,923 USD
>    Mangusta EST. PRICE $193.33K-$268.51K USD
>    EXTERIOR Rosso Corsa
>    Bonhams|Cars
>    INTERIOR Nero
>    Lot 25    The No Reserve Sale
>    CHASSIS N-o 8MA1128
>    June 18, 2024    8:23AM (EST)
>    2.
>    1967 De Tomaso Sold $161,645 USD
>    Vallelunga EST. PRICE $268.51K-$375.92K USD
>    EXTERIOR Red
>    Bonhams|Cars
>    INTERIOR Tan
>    Lot 16    The No Reserve Sale
>    CHASSIS N-o 807DT0106
>    June 18, 2024    8:28AM (EST)
>    Too much mail? Adjust your Hammer Price notification preferences in the

-------------- next part --------------
   Ouch!!!A  This only serves to reinforce the age old saying, "You know a
   design is nearing perfection when any modification you make only
   detracts."

   On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 12:50a-PM Mike Drew via DeTomaso

     A  A All,
     A  A Crimes against humanity here, yet the cars still realized
     impressive
     A  A sales results.A  The Ma vista achieved a surprisingly high
     result, while
     A  A the Vallelunga sold for half the pre-auction estimate (yet
     still a very
     A  A strong number considering how badly it was molested).
     A  A A now-deceased Spanish enthusiast who evidently had a lot of
     money and
     A  A zero taste or respect for his cars commissioned a shop to
     Kustomize not
     A  A only a Mangusta, but also a Vallelunga!
     A  A The results were pretty vile:
     A  A image.png
     A  A [1]1970 DeTomaso Mangusta Chassis no. 8MA1128
     A  A [2][2]cars.bonhams.com
     A  A image.png
     A  A [3]1967 De Tomaso Vallelunga Chassis no. 807DT0106
     A  A [4][3]cars.bonhams.com
     A  A Both of these cars had the wheel wells extensively modified and
     flared
     A  A to accommodate larger wheels with more radical offsets. I have
     no idea
     A  A how much money was spent to ruin these cars, but it will cost a
     fortune
     A  A to restore them.
     A  A The owner didn't save all his attention for DeTomaso cars, as
     he also
     A  A comprehensively ruined an Iso Grifo!
     A  A image.png
     A  A [5]1967 Iso Grifo GL Series I Custom Chassis no. GI720140
     A  A [6][4]cars.bonhams.com
     A  A When Panteras were cheap, and plentiful, many of them were
     subjected to
     A  A similar treatment, but thankfully that trend seems to have all
     but died
     A  A off as the value of unmolested cars continues to rise.
     A  A It will be interesting to learn if the new buyers of these cars
     A  A appreciates them as they are, or is only viewing them as
     platforms for
     A  A restorations back to original specification?
     A  A Mike
     A  A Sent from my iPad
     A  A Begin forwarded message:
     A  A From: [5]info at hammerpricelive.com
     A  A Date: June 19, 2024 at 09:56:26 PDT
     A  A To: [6]MIKELDREW at aol.com
     A  A Subject: Hammer Price Portfolio Report - Wednesday, June 19,
     2024
     A  A Hammer Price : Auction Results In Real Time
     A  A Portfolio Report Wednesday, June 19, 2024
     A  A Mangusta
     A  A 1.
     A  A 1970 De Tomaso Sold $201,923 USD
     A  A Mangusta EST. PRICE $193.33K-$268.51K USD
     A  A EXTERIOR Rosso Corsa
     A  A Bonhams|Cars
     A  A INTERIOR Nero
     A  A Lot 25A  A  The No Reserve Sale
     A  A CHASSIS N-o 8MA1128
     A  A June 18, 2024A  A  8:23AM (EST)
     A  A Vallelunga
     A  A 1.
     A  A 1967 De Tomaso Sold $161,645 USD
     A  A Vallelunga EST. PRICE $268.51K-$375.92K USD
     A  A EXTERIOR Red
     A  A Bonhams|Cars
     A  A INTERIOR Tan
     A  A Lot 16A  A  The No Reserve Sale
     A  A CHASSIS N-o 807DT0106
     A  A June 18, 2024A  A  8:28AM (EST)
     A  A De Tomaso
     A  A 1.
     A  A 1970 De Tomaso Sold $201,923 USD
     A  A Mangusta EST. PRICE $193.33K-$268.51K USD
     A  A EXTERIOR Rosso Corsa
     A  A Bonhams|Cars
     A  A INTERIOR Nero
     A  A Lot 25A  A  The No Reserve Sale
     A  A CHASSIS N-o 8MA1128
     A  A June 18, 2024A  A  8:23AM (EST)
     A  A 2.
     A  A 1967 De Tomaso Sold $161,645 USD
     A  A Vallelunga EST. PRICE $268.51K-$375.92K USD
     A  A EXTERIOR Red
     A  A Bonhams|Cars
     A  A INTERIOR Tan
     A  A Lot 16A  A  The No Reserve Sale
     A  A CHASSIS N-o 807DT0106
     A  A June 18, 2024A  A  8:28AM (EST)
     A  A Too much mail? Adjust your Hammer Price notification
     preferences in the
     A  A app using Settings.
     A  A (c) 2024 Live Auction Results, LLC