[DeTomaso] 3 connector v 2 connector AC De-Icer Switch

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 10 21:26:26 EDT 2024

On the electrical diagrams I don't see the de-icer switch as anything other than a simple 2 terminal on / off thermostatic switch, to stop the system from freezing when it reaches the desired set point. On early cars AC is wired so that the condenser fan only comes on with the compressor and later cars the condenser fan runs whenever the AC system is switched on.

Look at SoBill's A/C electrical diagrams on Mike Dailey's Panteraplace, there's a modification to add a Bueler 508TD time delay relay so the condenser fan will run on a fixed period on early cars.

Julian