[DeTomaso] Another ‘what are these?’ question

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Wed Jun 5 00:31:30 EDT 2024

Mike,

It sure does look like that, doesn’t it?

I just checked, and these are about 2-3mm wider than the ones in Lori’s Pantera #1765.

These brackets are normally welded to the body. These don’t appear to have ever been welded?  They also have a nut welded on the inside while these have a bolt. However I wouldn’t expect the factory to ever do that—if they wanted a stud there they would just use a stud.

So it’s a mystery, but I think your guess is a solid one and absent any better guesses, I’d say you’re right.

Here is a pic from Wilkinson’s online catalog of the chassis panel which comes with that bracket attached: