[DeTomaso] Durospark ignition system

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Jul 29 12:12:35 EDT 2024

 After I lost a can-of-oil coil and its feed wires to a left-on ignition switch a decade or two ago, I switched my Ford Duraspark to an e-coil from the slightly later Ford TFI (thick film ignition) system. It's designed for a non-existent molded plug on the distributor wires, but if you look down inside the coil's plug-in, there's a + and a - code molded in, and will take spade lugs in place of  the molded plug. It never overheats and gives a slightly higher amperage to the whole system. The Duraspark does NOT need a ballast resistor, or the resistor wire in later Pantera power leads.