[DeTomaso] engine bay work platform

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 16 14:50:36 EDT 2024

Since several people asked, here are the ingredients for each platform.

This piece of paper has been hanging on my wall for the better part of 20 years, waiting for somebody to ask the question. 😆

And here is a pic of the underside of the platform:

Not shown on the list of ingredients were the square black plastic plugs we used to cap the end of each bar, the foam padding we glued to the top surface, the piece of hardwood we used for the tool platform, and the metal tool and parts tray we attached to it (a baking tin we got at a local kitchen supply store).

Notice the 90-degrees bends leading up from the kneeling surface to the working surface:

Unfortunately this angle makes the platform incompatible with the popular chassis stiffening kits. I am considering modifying mine, by replacing the two straight pieces with a 90-degree bend, with a single piece with a 45-degree bend. I will probably have the new material welded into position first, then cut away the redundant original portions.

Mike

Sent from my iPad