[DeTomaso] Cigarette Lighter Remove/Replace - Asking for best way to do it

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 4 13:45:57 EDT 2024

Fred,

With an early style console like yours, you’ve got it easy. Everything is right there.

Yes it’s secured from below by the threaded collar you identified. Notice in your pic that the threaded body of the base of the assembly is visible. Simply hold onto that with a firm grip or a pair of padded pliers while unthreading the collar above. Once you get it loose, it will then easily unthread the rest of the way, and you can remove the collar from below and the rest of it from above.

Mike

Sent from my iPad