[DeTomaso] Pantera shift gate - what does the little “A” stand for next to the numbers

Forest Goodhart forestg at att.net
Tue May 30 12:50:22 EDT 2023

 I am just guessing but it might signify synchronized. I have no idea what the Italian word for synchronize is.
    On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 09:30:28 AM PDT, Scott Mead Photography <scott at scottmeadphotography.com> wrote:

 Hi All,

Rob D’Orazio and I were talking about the Pantera’s nuances, like the tiny “A” next to the gear numbers on the shift gate. We hypothesized that it stood for “Avanti,” or Forward in Italian. Does anyone know if this is correct, or if there’s another meaning to the designation?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone