[DeTomaso] Help!-Car stumbles, power loss---occasionally!

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Thu May 18 07:45:08 EDT 2023

I've also run into this issue with a blown power valve, but unless
you've experienced a noticeable backfire recently it's probably fine.
The modern powervalves include some backfire protection.   It's a
midrange stumble off idle to midrange, but if you goose it the
accelerator pump usually overcomes the lean condition.

I've had some really tough issues with modern gasoline shellacking
carburetors but I think if the carburetor is 20 years old like mine
it's probably a natural occurrence.  Some Techron in the tank has
often cleared it up after a period of driving.  My tank is aluminum so
no rust but it's a whole other beast.

sean

--
Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com http://spkorb.org (est 1994)