[DeTomaso] Odd problem

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed May 17 14:20:44 EDT 2023

All,

I called Flowcooler on Monday and spoke with one of their tech employees.

They do currently offer a 333 style, Robert Shaw cleveland-correct thermostat in 180° and 195° versions.

If you wish to purchase a 160° thermostat for your Cleveland they will sell you their proprietary bypass plate and a 160° Windsor thermostat.

The gentleman I spoke with appeared to be a car guy, and understood the potential issues their proprietary bypass plate will cause future owners, who will be unaware of the non-OEM plate.

As suspected, their proprietary approach was motivated by the Robert Shaw 333 series being discontinued.

He was curious what might happen with a 333 series being installed with their proprietary plate, saying he could possibly check their engineering drawings to draw a conclusion on what the results would be.

Bottom line is you can still buy a cleveland-correct Robert Shaw 333 series thermostat from flowcooler.

My choice will always be to purchase from Tim Myers to show support for his initiative in obtaining the correct thermostat for our Clevelands.

Larry