[DeTomaso] Odd problem - Current source for Cleveland T-stat?

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sat May 13 17:32:41 EDT 2023

FWIW, until I did the new Fluidyne aluminum radiator swap (from a Detroit Radiator brass clone of the OEM) into my stock rad-frame, I was getting about a year or maybe 5000 miles from an OEM-type thermostat before it exhibited unstable behavior. I added the big Fluidyne and burped it several times, then let the thing set overnight. That morning, I burped it again and Judy & I left for Las Vegas- a 450-mile trip from Sunnyvale near San Jose CA.

The car ran flawlessly at 190-200F with only a few bursts to triple digit speeds. After supper in the 'Vegas parking garage, I burped the thing AGAIN and got a little more air! We had fun at the 3-day Fun Rally, then drove over to an old autocross friend's home in Pahrump (about 50 miles) and spent the day & evening with them. The next day before we left for home, I burped the rad a SIXTH time and got no air- finally!  So don't think it's a simple process or some magic doo-hicky will quickly de-aerate your coolant in a Pantera! Just keep at it until you finally succeed. YMMV- J DeRyke