[DeTomaso] 72 on BAT

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 08:50:26 EDT 2022

It actually isn't that difficult to repair, though.

I'm an amateur, and I repaired quite a bit on mine.  Just cut it out, make sure everything is straight, and weld in new.  Mig welders make it all pretty easy.

On mine, it was even very localized.  The part that often rusts due to no drain holes - I forget what it's called - rear lower frame rails??

On this one, the flaking looks like undercoating - but I would suspect that the "surface rust" is deep enough to be structural.

The weird idle is very likely due to misadjusted Webers - or maybe they're just gummed up.