[DeTomaso] Techno Question: screw and stud size

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 16:10:02 EDT 2022

Ken,

None of those three choices would work very well; all three of your choices have a head larger in diameter than the bolt hole recess.

I use SHCS bolts for my restorations. I offer them in stainless, Brite zinc or black oxide.

The problem is the narrow recess the screw head must fit in. Fillister head screws are actually purpose-designed for such applications.

Larry