[DeTomaso] Tesla Drivers???

Konrad Szwab kszwab at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:34:24 EDT 2022

I am one of those nerd types, I used to do that on a much smaller scale to
fix my old laptop batteries/handheld vacuum cleaners that usually fail
within 2-5 years.

The issue is that even if you replace ONLY the bad cells, more will fail at
random times.

The only way these garbage batteries would work and you could swap easily*
only bad cells would be if:

1. They would be designed from the beginning for that
2. Each battery would be controlled independently by a monitoring circuit
that would flag which ones need to be replaced
3. Each would be spring loaded in a container that one could easily open to
replace the battery (think flashlight type enclosure). That of course would
create losses at contact point vs large currents, especially with corrosion
in time
4. Replacing only SOME of the batteries in a series circuit throws out of
whack the charging current for the older ones in series with the replaced
one.

We are talking of course high level electronics nerd type maintenance on
vehicles marketed to morons that need to be told not to drink battery
acid/coolant and can't remember to turn their headlights on when dusk comes
and which are not really qualified to ride a bicycle or goat if one would
be honestly appraised.

While talking about batteries, let's chat about the cursed LiPo ones and
those horrid pouches that get bloated if you do not use/use too much/just
use/blink at the unreliable crap batteries... I hate them more than I can
spew hatred today, especially when they swell and break screens and who
knows what else.

* - minimizing effort would drive up costs, of course

-------------- next part --------------
   I am one of those nerd types, I used to do that on a much smaller scale
   to fix my old laptop batteries/handheld vacuum cleaners that usually
   fail within 2-5 years.
   The issue is that even if you replace ONLY the bad cells, more will
   fail at random times.
   The only way these garbage batteries would work and you could swap
   easily* only bad cells would be if:
   1. They would be designed fromA the beginning for that
   2. Each battery would be controlled independentlyA by a monitoring
   circuit that would flag which ones need to be replacedA
   3. Each would be spring loadedA in a container that one could easily
   open to replace the battery (think flashlight type enclosure). That of
   course would create losses at contact point vs largeA currents,

   On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 4:01 PM Will Kooiman <[1]will.kooiman at gmail.com>