[DeTomaso] Tesla Drivers???

steve at snclocks.com steve at snclocks.com
Sat Sep 3 13:41:28 EDT 2022

Spot on.  We have a Smart fortwo electric - danged, 60 miles for 2 bucks.  Park it anywhere.  Perfect for going into the ghetto that Portland is turning into.  Would I park a decent car on the street in Portland - are you kidding???

Flip side, if folks would use electrics where they make sense, danged, we would be in a lot better situation.  Tesla's with the massive horsepower are a boost to the ego, but useless in the real world.  Test drove a Porch Toucan (or whatever they call that barge).  Can you say understeer?  5,000 pounds does not a sports car make.  And, danged, with their massive batteries - you could make 10 small electrics like our little car.    Our smart car - just plain handy.  And no, I don't want to take it on a long trip - that is where cars like our Pantera come in.

Stephen