[DeTomaso] Dual points gap setting?

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Fri Sep 2 13:07:43 EDT 2022

Breaker point gap for Minimum smog 71 Engines was .021" but you really should really rely on the dwell readings of 24 to 29 degrees of Dwell angle.
As soon as you set your points and put power to them, there will be electro deposited degeneration of the points themselves which will result in a change of dwell and your engine timing.
It is advised to set the points near the minimum dwell of 24 degrees for best longer term results as it will change over use.
If the Dwell angle is too LOW, (under 24 degrees) then the breaker points are too WIDE
If the Dwell angle is too HIGH, (over 29 Degrees) then the Breaker points are Too CLOSE
Larry Stock
Pantera Parts Connection LC
550 Mallory Way
Carson City NV 89701