[DeTomaso] Diameter of AC Lines

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 19:32:41 EDT 2022

Mike,

Since apparently you have not yet purchased your hoses, I would most strongly with sincere urging suggest you look into the hose and fitting system originally introduced by Aeroquip as their EZClip system, and now available from other sources.

https://youtu.be/a3k1zDGNujI

Those hoses are the smallest of any currently available. I was able to pull them through my rocker without any difficulty.

Calculate the length of each size hose you need, six, eight, and 10. Determine the fittings you need for each hose  size and send in your order.

You will be able to install your hoses without any connectors as the connectors require no crimping. That is why they were so easy for me to install in my rocker panels. Connectors are easily installed by hand once your hose length has been accurately established.

In the photo you will see those two hoses installed in 2511 would require an oval hole a little over 1 inch wide. The larger hole they are passing through was the hole size required for the previous “barrier” type hoses installed by Dennis.

Thanks for getting the initial word out on these belongs to John Taphorn.

I am now a firm convert and you owe yourself a close look.

Larry