[DeTomaso] Klippan seat belt replacement

Dennis Valdez sjcarguy60 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 19:45:44 EDT 2022

Hi Frank,

That klippan belt looks like it may work. It depends on the width of the spool and if it will fit between the flanges of the stock mount on the bulkhead behind the seat. I suppose you could cut those flanges off, but I chose not to do that. Also, the buckle end may need some sort of support so it doesn’t fall between the seat and the console.

Also, you asked about the mounting of the fixed end. I may not have been clear in my explanation.  The stock lap belt spool bolts to the under side of the mounting plate on the door threshold.  I simply used that bolt to fasten the fixed end of the new belt.

Best,

Dennis Valdez

   [1]https://en.klippan.fi/product/85/3p-belt-elr-3000mm--200mm-b-buckle

   I sent an email asking for more info.  I will post it once I receive a
   response.

   Frank

   use the links above.