[DeTomaso] To sleeve or not to sleeve

Dan Courtney dan at excaliburre.com
Sat Nov 5 11:57:14 EDT 2022

Then the question becomes:Is it better to have a .030 block with one or two non adjacent sleeves or a fully sleeved block at original bore?I've been told you get heat transfer between cylinders on a Cleveland at or over .030.And we all know there's already too much heat in a Pantera engine. DanSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: MICHAEL DREW <mikeldrew at aol.com> Date: 11/4/22  8:14 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Dan <dan at excaliburre.com> Cc: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] To sleeve or not to sleeve Dan,Sleeving all eight cylinders is like putting eight plugs in a flat tire with one hole in it!If you have a block that needs one or two sleeves, you install one or two sleeves. MikeSent from my iPhone> On Nov 4, 2022, at 18:13, Dan <dan at excaliburre.com> wrote:> >    I'm having handful of 351C blocks sonic tested.> >   One is the Boss 351 that Dennis Quella built for "The Winged Warrior">   in the early `80's.> >   I'm wondering if it would be advisable to sleeve all 8 cylinders to>   bring it back to original bore.> >   Another option is to sleeve just one or two holes and go with .030.> > >   A 3^rd option is to sleeve two cylinders on an original bore 2 bolt>   block.> > >   Over the years I've received advice regarding sleeves from sleeving all>   8 holes makes for a stronger block to sleeving a Cleveland can>   interfere with the water jackets.> > >   Does anyone have an opinion on sleeving a 351C?> > >   Dan> > > > >   Dan Courtney> >   La Jolla, CA> > >   [1]Dan at excaliburre.com> > References> >   1. mailto:Dan at excaliburre.com> _______________________________________________> > > Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes> DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso> > To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.> > Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.