[DeTomaso] U-joint lube question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon May 30 14:48:12 EDT 2022

Hi Folks,

Well, now that I have my '72 Pantera back (just in time for its 50th birthday) you will once again be subject to my endless silly questions...

This question has to do with the U-joints.  I know they are supposed to be lubed now and again, and I'm thinking since they've been sitting, not being used, for over 7 years, now might be a good time to lube them.

I have read some people add zerk fittings to make that easier, but I don't remember ever having that done on mine.  However, there does appear to be something in the center of the u-joints that looks as though it might be a lube fitting in which to add grease, so  maybe it was done somewhere in the distant past.

Any suggestions as to the best way to be sure my u-joints are lubricated correctly?

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Chris