[DeTomaso] Pantera

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:51:08 EST 2022

> I will let Dan Jones tell you what the performance ramifications of this
switch would be, but I’m willing to bet it would be unnoticeable. If
anything you might even pick up low-end torque?

The Edelbrock F-351 preceded the Edelbrock Performer 4V.  Functionally,
they make the same power as the ports and plenum are the same.  The only
difference is the F-351 retains the OEM style choke well and the Performer
does away with it.  The Performer and F-351 have a fully divided plenum
that does tend to make better power at low RPM.  The Performer RPM Air Gap
has a notched divider that works better at higher RPM.  On an otherwise
stock or near stock engine, there's not a huge difference particularly when
the RPM Air Gap intake is compromised by a drop base air cleaner that puts
the top cover up against the carb vents.  You can improve the overall
performance of the F-351 and Performer by using a 1" hybrid spacer (oval on
one side, 2 holes on the other).  The oval side goes over the upper plenum
and the 2 hole side over the lower plenum.

Note the Performer 4V is out of stock with an estimated ship date of
5/2/2022.  I should have a spare F-351 here in excellent shape.  If you are
interested, I'd be willing to trade it plus whatever the difference in cost
is between an RPM Air Gap and a Performer 4V.  I can use the RPM Air Gap
for the 351C dyno project as I'm gathering parts to test 2V heads.

Dan Jones

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 8:55 PM Mike Drew via DeTomaso <