[DeTomaso] Pantera

Fred Sweeney fred at creekspeak.com
Thu Mar 3 15:22:38 EST 2022

Intake Setup: I want to return to a low-rise set up to fit under the  engine screen. I hope I’ve supplied enough info for you to know what I am running now.

1. Car: Early 1972. The engine screen is without the center hump.
2. Intake:  High rise Edelbrock RPM #7564 Air Gap (?).
3. Filter: K&N 11” x 2” with slightly domed top.
4. Carb: Preform 650 with electric choke (choke mentioned for clearance reasons if a dropdown base is needed.)
My Autolite is shot. Have my old intake. Would like to use the Preform carb if possible. Please let me know what setup I need. Open to an all-new combo if necessary. Sources?
Thanks in advance for your troubles.

Fred Sweeney
fred at creekspeak.com