[DeTomaso] Taking apart window regulator question

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:13:31 EDT 2022

If you can get a set, you should consider Vader regulators.

Very nice stuff.  In the same league as Jon Haas electronics.  Both are worth every penny.

On 6/24/22, 9:04 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Konrad Szwab" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of kszwab at gmail.com> wrote:

       I tried, I will let it soak until tomorrow, do not want to strip the
       slot head.
       In the meantime, I made some progress the Maserati way (ass backwards
       as in removing the alternator from the TOP of the engine under the
       intake manifold without removing the intake the THIRD time, ah good
       memories). I saw some pics on what the bolts look like and snuck an USB
       camera to confirm, then removed the three 6mm or so bolts, the manual
       emergency thingy and some other crap using a tiny open ended wrench
       carefully between the regulator and the door skin.
       Turns out I already have the brass gear, I guess my father probably
       replaced it 30 years ago, BUT the grease is so hardened that I need to
       turn the slotted axle with a set of pliers, barely having enough force
       to move it. I am surprised the other plastic gear did not strip or the
       motor burned out ! I soaked it in motor oil and it got better, but
       tomorrow will clean it and regrease it.
       Not sure if I can re-assembleA it blindly, but I was supposed long ago
       to be able to assemble an AK47 blindfolded, so who knows... Maybe that
       screw will budge.