[DeTomaso] Taking apart window regulator question

Konrad Szwab kszwab at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 21:04:08 EDT 2022

I tried, I will let it soak until tomorrow, do not want to strip the slot
head.

In the meantime, I made some progress the Maserati way (ass backwards as in
removing the alternator from the TOP of the engine under the intake
manifold without removing the intake the THIRD time, ah good memories). I
saw some pics on what the bolts look like and snuck an USB camera to
confirm, then removed the three 6mm or so bolts, the manual emergency
thingy and some other crap using a tiny open ended wrench carefully between
the regulator and the door skin.

Turns out I already have the brass gear, I guess my father probably
replaced it 30 years ago, BUT the grease is so hardened that I need to turn
the slotted axle with a set of pliers, barely having enough force to move
it. I am surprised the other plastic gear did not strip or the motor burned
out ! I soaked it in motor oil and it got better, but tomorrow will clean
it and regrease it.

Not sure if I can re-assemble it blindly, but I was supposed long ago to be
able to assemble an AK47 blindfolded, so who knows... Maybe that screw will
budge.