[DeTomaso] Grease is the word...

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sun Jun 5 19:34:05 EDT 2022

 Greasable u-joint seals at the base of the central 'cross' are none too strong. If you start pumping any grease gun rapidly, its possible to actually stretch, then rupture the rubber grease seal, as pressure from the guns can exceed 1000psi. If the part needs more than 1 pump or you want to purge old grease out and don't mind making a mess, give the system a few seconds between pumps to bleed air and old grease out.