[DeTomaso] [detomaso] brake master cylinder

theemonkey theemonkey at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 18:12:18 EDT 2022

The lines on a stepped master cylinder from Byers are reversed from the normal set up.So the reservoir in the rear has the line to the rear brakes and the front reservoir has the line to the front brakes despite the smaller bore and reservoir. Speaking of the small reservoir, I highly recommend swapping the small reservoir for a new large one like the rear. They are available new. Bob Benson did this after running low in fluid more than once with his 6 piston wilwoods.There are two different stepped bore masters supplied by Byers. He used a larger bore with the 6 piston wilwoods vs the smaller bore one used with c4 corvette brakes.Speaking of wilwood brakes,I highly recommend when possible swap to the bp20 pads vs. The bp10 pads that come stock on wilwood brakes. The bp20 pads stop better both warm and cold vs. The bp10's. The only downside to the bp20 pads is there will be more brake dust,but it's not bad.RichardSent from an ipotato.