[DeTomaso] Brake master plumbing

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 10:19:20 EDT 2022

Correct, however the step bore (or more correctly quick take up) master cylinder provides a means to get a large volume of fluid to the calipers upon initial braking to take up the gap between rotor and pad. This was a GM truck design to implement low drag pads to meet fuel economy thresholds, the pads sitting further away from the rotor. The larger bore is a small section on the master cylinder to effect that initial take up, it is not a dual bore with independent proportioniong function for front and rear circuits.

Julian