[DeTomaso] Correct amount of oil for an Armondo 10 qt pan.

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Mon Jul 18 11:38:47 EDT 2022

Good Point Steve, to add a little reality dynamic to the static testing.
The "10 quart" Avaid Oil Pan holds 8 quarts brim full, plus a 9th filter quart. To the Full line.
7 quarts to the ADD line, 8 quarts mid Full, 9 quarts to the full line, then add one quart(?) to go racing to plaster against the sides of the block.
1-G side load means all the oil is plastered to the side of the engine block, which is the reason for the next step of dry sump oiling systems.
An engine out of oil always runs best right before they blow.
Larry Stock

On 7/18/22, 6:41 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of STEVEN L HAWKINS" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of shawkins777 at comcast.net> wrote:

    FWIW, I've seen this same episode also and would add only it's important to remember the test were run on an engine stand, not in a car making high g turns that could potentially cause oil pump starvation.

    Steve