[DeTomaso] Dead Duraspark after 30+ Years of Faithful service,

Mike Reilly reillyms at live.com
Mon Jul 4 11:24:34 EDT 2022

RIP the Duraspark ignition module I installed in 1992 after ordering it from Hall Pantera.   This past week my Pantera would not start at all.  I diagnosed no spark from the coil and followed some online Duraspark troubleshooting guides that isolated the module.  Changed it out and it now fires right up and runs great.  Heck, even my weird tachometer problem went away (it didn't register when the motor was cold at idle but would later when the warmed up or when running cold > 1500 RPMs).  I guess I'll carry a spare with me in case my new one doesn't last 30 years.   Mike R.