[DeTomaso] REPLACMENT CARB ?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:35:17 EST 2022

Yes, of course, but the point is DP carburetors have smaller power valve enrichment circuits.  If you jet them to have proper A/F ratios at wide open, they are richer at cruise than street carburetors.

Btw, I think everyone agrees that the intake of choice for most street Panteras is the Performer RPM that you mentioned.  And I think everyone also agreed that either a 600cfm or 650cfm would be sized about right.  When I suggested 750dp, I meant more for the manliness and to have room for growth.  The specific carburetor is more a matter of personal preference.  I love Holleys.  They are the embodiment of hot rodding - to me.  I don't like Demon or Edelbrock carburetors.  But some people do.