[DeTomaso] REPLACMENT CARB ?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Jan 25 18:41:00 EST 2022

A previous comment seemed to find fault with the avenger series from Holley.

That has not been my experience. A likely stock 670 CFM avenger was on 2511 when purchased. I set the fuel bowl  levels and then proceeded to drive over 50,000 miles without touching that carburetor. It was mounted to an Edelbrock performer on a 30 over rebuild. Dyno was 295 RWHP

On my current 404 stroked Cleveland I sent a new in the box 670 avenger to Bob Oliver at Competition Carburetion in Nevada. He blueprinted it, upgraded the discharge nozzles  and found a flow of 710 CFM when he was finished.

That carburetor was mounted to a blue thunder intake and 4V aluminum heads from CHI in Australia. Mild camshaft with compression of about 9.3 It delivers 454 FWHP.

YMMV

Larry