[DeTomaso] Shift/Steering Linkage U-Joint Repair - The 6328 Resto Chronicles

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 15:49:16 EST 2022

If it's compromised why mess with it, just replace it! Especially if you have to 'MacGyver' it with multiple clips to try and get it to work. Wilkinson has joints advertised on his online catalog or Flaming River for aftermarket.

Critical controls like brakes and steering are areas you don't take short cuts on, did Boeing not teach you that!😉

Julian
To me it does Larry.  If you look under the rounded end of each side at the pivot (?) block there is an insert/spacer.  Here is  pic of one end of my U-joint.  To the left and right side of the center block you can see the spacers/clips/inserts that are still there.  Wasn't sure what to call them.  You can also see the compromised area of my joint.