[DeTomaso] Dropped Battery Solution for 6328

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 23:20:26 EST 2022

Ken,

In practical terms I believe a properly located, prepared, installed and maintained mechanical stud can perform satisfactorily.

It should be in an area not subject to moisture exposure. It needs to attach to bright metal and be securely installed, and be able to be readily inspected/maintained.

A welded stud avoids a lot of those issues and is why it was supplied OEM.

I think I would pick a well-located thick-metal spot, drill a hole to install a three eights inch stud and two nuts, and then fire up the MIG

Larry