[DeTomaso] Where to mount FI ECUs

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Fri Feb 18 07:39:58 EST 2022

I have my FAST XFI ECU mounted behind the passenger seat bulk head. If
you are using the FAST XIM ignition box, it should be mounted somewhere
away from the EFI ECU. At one time I was thinking about using the FAST
XIM ignition box to run a coil near plug system. I was going to locate
it in the front trunk behind the battery, which keeps it in a clean and
somewhat cool area. The wiring going back to the ECU and engine would
have been a problem. FAST does say that the ignition box can be mounted
in the engine bay, but I wasn't comfortable with that location.