[DeTomaso] Update on Distributor Pin issue, plus Rally and Laguna

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Feb 15 16:23:24 EST 2022

Steve Lisa,
Did your engine builder put in a high volume or high pressure oil pump?  I think you mentioned one or the other previously.

I also remember you stating oil pressure was fine after the event when timing went out.

Pulling the pan and inspecting the oil pump and pickup screen is good advice.  Under the horsepower and high pressure pump circumstance, it’s possible to shear the pin without any debris, but it’s very smart to inspect anyway.

One of things I was going to put in was the removable crossmember under the pan.  I think your crew did that but I don’t remember.  That option makes it easy to pull the pan with the engine still in the car.

Asa  Jay

Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks