[DeTomaso] Update on Distributor Pin issue, plus Rally and Laguna

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 12:36:28 EST 2022

The pin is rarely the issue.  The cause is debris getting into the oil
pump gears causing them to lock up momentarily.  The stock oil
pickups have a bypass hole and many aftermarket pickups have a
coarse screen.  Either can allow debris to make it to the pump.
Ford switched to a full mesh screen on later 335 series engines
(351C/351M/400).  In street cars, debris is often from failing valve
seals.

Dan Jones

   Our motor builder was aware of the pin issue.A  A So our MSD