[DeTomaso] Ooops - What Have I Done to Myself??

racerglen at aol.com racerglen at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 17:22:57 EST 2022

Mike,
I had the exact same thing happen to me.I had one of the nuts from coil connection drop in.Most thought it would make it to the oil pan.It got caught between a crank lobe and a rod and froze the crank. Pulled the motor to remove pan and knocked it out with a screwdriver and hammer.Kind of embarrassing but I guess it happens.
Glen

Sent from the all new AOL app for Android

  On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 11:46 AM, Mike & Elizabeth<mbefthomas2 at gmail.com> wrote:     I had pulled the dizzy off the engine for 6328, which is on rollers in
  the garage, to spin the oil pump and push some oil through the engine
  while it's sitting waiting for the refreshed car.  As I went to drop
  the dizzy back into it's hole, I heard a tiny little tink-tink-tink of
  something dropping I'm pretty sure into the dizzy hole that must have
  been resting on the edge or come from somewhere else.  My first
  response - oh crap!!

  So, I'm not sure what it was but I'm pretty sure it's down there.
  Question for the collective: what is at the bottom of that hole?  Is it
  open to the sump at the bottom and I only need to drop the pan to be
  sure I've not screwed the pooch or did it likely land somewhere in
  between and I've got a bit of tear-down to do?  I doubt it will come
  out simply by draining the oil but that will be my first check.  I'm
  lucky that the engine is not in the car but have feeling that may be
  where my luck stops.

  Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions and commiseration.

  Mike Thomas

  '74 #6328