[DeTomaso] Decklid Corner Bumpers

Fred Foreman fred4man at att.net
Tue Aug 30 10:47:31 EDT 2022

 Just wanted to add a comment.
Have had the under engine & transmission brace from Larry Stock installed for about +15-years.  It eliminated all deck-lid chipping at the rear corners.  Prior to that I had added the little lid catch which tried to center the lid but that did not work.In the mid-2000's I autocrossed the Pantera a lot and that really put the braces to the test.  Prior to the brace I had to touch up the chips a lot.  Never have since them.
I like it since it did not protrude into the engine compartment.  It is installed under the engine and between the frame rails under the transmission.  You would never know it was there until you got under the car.
I did get 6 longer engine mount to frame bolts to accommodate the added thickness of the brace.  The forward end of the brace spans the distance from engine mount to engine mount under the car.  As such, it reduces the ground clearance between engine mounts by about 1 to 1-1/2 inches.

Fred Foreman

Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Decklid Corner Bumpers

Please, don't spread fake news. The deck lid really isn't moving at all, =
it is the rear quarter panels that are moving into the Deck Lid.
A good chassis stiffening addition will stop all the deflection Larry =
Stock
hey also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.