[DeTomaso] Decklid Corner Bumpers

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 10:46:43 EDT 2022

All,

Like John, I have the belief the deck lid latch redesign was intended to more positively locate the decklid in order to prevent paint chipping due to its movement into the fenders.

Whether the deck lid is moving sideways and hitting the fenders or the fenders are somehow flexing into the decklid, chipped paint is a common problem in this area.

Bumpers mounted as shown in my previously posted photos will prevent panel to panel contact and its subsequent paint chipping.

Downside of this approach is it requires welding to the decklid which in all likelihood would damage decklid paint if done on a finished car.

Larry