[DeTomaso] P72 Featured on Latest DDE Blog

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 27 15:02:37 EDT 2022

Jeff,

The P72 uses a sequential manual gearbox, like a motorcycle, as opposed to a traditional production automobile five- or six-speed.

In all likelihood, it’s a paddle-shift gearbox with the hydraulics replaced by manual activation. Norman Choi is extremely friendly but he is more than a little bit coy, and is reluctant to share too many details about these cars since the production cars will differ (perhaps greatly) in various ways.

I have to say that the public response to the P72 has been overwhelming. It garners attention like nothing I’ve ever seen.

Mike

Sent from my iPad