[DeTomaso] Best option for always-on hazard switch

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 19:42:55 EDT 2022

Steve,

1970s BMWs use the same switch. Plenty of them on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283613744624?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Jr-yh-w1QEm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=yOodP4aXT3u&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Pantera vendors carry them too of course:

https://panterapartsusa.myshopify.com/products/13015a

I believe it was Jack DeRyke who said that the fault is caused by the body of the switch swelling, which can be cured by simply squeezing it back into shape with a hose clamp? I’ve never tried it though.  But if it functions electrically and the failure is purely mechanical, it’s worth a try?

Mike

Sent from my iPad