[DeTomaso] Anyone going racing this week?

dan dan at excaliburre.com
Mon Apr 18 04:54:18 EDT 2022

Thank you for that fun opportunity, Steve.

I’ll find out tomorrow if I can let “The Beast” stretch his legs this week at AZPOCA (has anyone run this track?).

I have 2nd and 4th gears fully engaging and am within 1/3” of getting 1st, 3rd and 5th, with the rod support / heim joint in it’s factory location.

I’m hoping I can get there without having to cut ½” to 2/3” from the front shift rod. This after replacing all three shift rods, custom size rear rods, McQuade U-joints, about 100 hours and over fifty roll-under, get up’s. This is what I get for shoving the engine forward.

The track event starts at 7 AM Wednesday a day drive’s away so tomorrow is do or die.

If not then pit crew for a fellow Pantera sounds like a good contingency.

Or maybe just hitting the Tech Session and Hospitality Suite at Harrah’s for “bench racing”.