[DeTomaso] Anyone going racing this week?

dan dan at excaliburre.com
Mon Apr 18 02:49:49 EDT 2022

Tempting. I might take you up on that if I don’t take “The Beast” for a run at this AZPOCA track (has anyone driven this?).

After what seems like hundreds of hours and over fifty roll-under, get up’s, a new shift linkage, end to end and McQuade U-joints, I’ve got 1st, 3rd & 5th and within a ¼” of getting 2nd & 4th. Still hoping I won’t have to shorten the shift rod by ½” to ¾”.

That’s what I get for shoving the engine forward.

The track event starts at 7 AM Wednesday so tomorrow it’s do or die.

Pit crew for a  fellow Pantera at Laguna would be a good contingency plan.

Or, maybe the Hospitality Room at Harrah’s.

Who’s going to the Fun Rally?

Dan