[DeTomaso] Clutch master cylinder seal

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Sep 9 22:33:21 EDT 2021

Doug,

Right out the gate I will let you know this is not the answer you want to receive.

I believe you are referencing the aluminum master cylinders made by a San Diego firm, CNC. 2511 came with one from Dennis and he had exclusive rights with that company for a version with the proper spacing for the stock mounting spacing. They were available in five-eights inch and three-quarter inch version

That company is no longer in business. Some months ago I did a web search and found when kits were listed at vendors there was always a “not available” description flag. BTW, it seems the dune buggy crowd also liked the cylinders and many of the vendors listing the rebuild kit were in fact dune buggy oriented.

This is going to be a problem for many Pantera owners and eventually someone will put together a replacement rebuild kit.

My only quick fix solution might be overnight from Dennis, assuming he stashed some rebuild kits before they became unobtainium.

Larry