[DeTomaso] Selling Prices

Ed Mendez edducati at mac.com
Sat Sep 4 15:49:23 EDT 2021

Hi Ken,

I made a bit, on it, but owned it since 2012. It was completed in 2014 and I’m sure at today’s prices and costs it would be a lot more to build that car again. I bought it with that paint job, a real House of Colors 3 stage lacquer candy apple brandywine. I can’t even imagine what it would take to repaint that car.

I only sold it so I can build a Superformance GT40, just bought one. I need to now put in a motor and trans so it will be a fun project! I still have my other Pantera in New Zealand and it is going through a nut and bolt, acid dipped to bare metal restoration. It’s just being put back together and I already have $105k into that one. 😳 it’s on the home stretch and almost finished.

I was just in LA working this week and met the buyer, he is a Swiss guy who lives here in the US. He has another Pantera in Switzerland and has several other valuable cars here in the US. Super nice guy, I’m trying to get him to join POCA. Happy it’s going to someone who will really enjoy it.

He’s not an investor just a guy that really liked it, as he told me. “It’s over the top”.

I’ve personally known the guy I bought it from, since he got it in 1985. I never in a million years thought I would ever have the honor to own it. Let alone a GT40.

I owe it all to the US Navy and the education they gave me. Go Navy!!

I also owe it to the friends I have made here in the Pantera community. :-)

Ed

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max